Rod Stoneburner, M.S., CRC
My professional experience as a Vocational Expert Witness has been established in Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, and the Inland Empire counties of Riverside and San Bernardino. I’ve testified in Superior Court, Family Court, Workers’ Compensation, and Social Security cases. I have worked diligently to develop my reputation for handling complex cases and providing accurate, fact-based testimony. My expertise is in the vocational evaluation process, which includes vocational testing, disability evaluation, and labor market research as pertains to issues of disability and employability.
I personally conduct all of my own research for each individual case and am readily available for ongoing case consultation. I do not charge for initial case review and consultation. I will review pertinent case information and provide you with my opinion regarding effectiveness of my services.
I specialize in comprehensive medical/vocational case evaluation and preparation for court testimony with my referral source. My strength is my ability to provide critical information regarding the vocational aspects of the case, testimony preparation and strategic use of relevant vocational data.
My ability to offer superlative services are due to my professional experience, which includes the following:
- Over 35 years as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and Vocational Evaluator, providing services to people with disabilities. I’ve worked with more than 20,000 clients/injured workers.
- 25 years’ experience as Adjunct Professor at California State University, San Bernardino and Los Angeles campuses. I have taught graduate-level courses in Vocational Evaluation, Job Analysis, Job Placement/Labor Market research & development, Counseling, and professional development.
- Over 30 years work as expert witness for disability/employability issues with Social Security Administration, Family Law, Workers Compensation, and Personal Injury, providing case preparation and testimony.
- Qualified to identify residual earning capacity based upon residual/acquired skills, education, employment, and relevant medical information (if pertinent) using source documents and national/ and state employment databases.
Vocational Evaluation Services and Processes
My associates and I examine a wide range of employment alternatives. The following techniques are used, as appropriate to the person being assessed, to provide comprehensive vocational evaluation analyses:
- Employment exploration models
- Appropriate work samples.
- Vocational psychometric testing.
- Extensive personal interviews.
- Other appropriate evaluation tests, depending on the individual.
- Analysis of prior work experience and transferable skills.
After the analyses, realistic job opportunities are identified, employment barriers are acknowledged, and ways to overcome these are reported, and transferable skills are identified.
My method includes targeted personnel tests or samples of jobs designed to assess aptitudes/skills in a very specific area, screening in a simulated business/work environment, or specific vocational psychometrics depending upon the results of the tests.
If you are interested in learning more about my skills, professional and educational qualifications, and presentations experience, please refer to the Curriculum Vitae page.