Southern California Vocational Evaluation
23905 Clinton Keith Road, #114-509
Wildomar, CA 92595
Competent, confident, and organized professional with comprehensive rehabilitation management and program development experience augmented by a formal education and refined by extensive experience.
Specific expertise includes Ergonomic Work Station evaluations, Medical/Vocational Case Evaluations, Long Term Disability Case Evaluations/Management, Vocational Evaluations for Family Law (Family Code section 4331), Assessment for Residual Employability, ADA worksite evaluations, Expert Witness Testimony (Superior Court; Southern California).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Disability Management
- Rehabilitation Management
- Medical aspects of disability
- Ergonomic Analysis, Computer/Industrial
- Rehabilitation Forensics
- ADA Expert
- Diminished Future Earning Capacity
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Disability Evaluation
- SSA Expert Witness
- Family Law Evaluations
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Training Development
- LTD Programs
- Labor Market Research
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 30+ years as Qualified Vocational Expert for Superior Court (Personal Injury/Family Law/WCAB): Qualified in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego Court Systems
- 25 + years instructional experience in Vocational Rehabilitation – California State University
- Ergonomic work station evaluation (Office and Industrial)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – demonstrated ability to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate programs.
- 15 years experience as Social Security Administration/Railroad Retirement Board Expert Witness
- Long Term Disability Case Management experience (10 yrs.)- LTD trained Unum-Provident.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING/FORENSICS, Southern Calif. 2009 – present
Vocational Expert Witness
Conducts evaluation for establishment of residual employability, loss of earning capacity, residual earning capacity for personal injury, family law, workers’ compensation, and Social Security Administration.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, San Bernardino, California – 1985 to present
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Los Angeles, California – 2001 to present
Adjunct Professor Responsible for the preparation and instruction of graduate level course work for the Rehabilitation Counseling program. Deliver weekly lectures to graduate students on a quarterly basis per department request. Completed necessary academic research; developed a course syllabus consistent with course and program objectives.
INTRACORP/CIGNA INSURANCE CO. Palmdale, California – 2006 to 2009
Return to Work Coordinator
Onsite vocational rehabilitation services to Lockheed Martin Aero Plant for return to work services, including program design, development and implementation.
LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE CO. Colton, California – 2000 to 2006
(Cascade Disability Management) Sr. Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Field consulting with employers regarding risk management, ADA & employee return to work programs. Provide ergonomic workstation evaluations. Provide LTD case evaluations& Case Management, Perform vocational evaluations for purposes of vocational expert witness testimony, including court testimony and med/voc/legal case evaluations). Provide vocational rehabilitation services to industrially injured employees Successfully developed programs for forensics and ergonomics. Provide mentoring/training to VR counselors.
GENEX SERVICES, Orange, California – 1999 to 2000
Vocational/Risk Management Consultant.
Provide risk management, organizational assessment and related consulting services to employers and Insurance companies. Implement specific services provided as requested. Perform LTD case evaluations/case management activities. Develop comprehensive ergonomic program consistent with OSHA regulations, including training presentations and train-the-trainer programs.
PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING SERVICES, Murrieta, California – 1998 to 1999
Develop and present employee development, technical training, TQM, and quality customer services training programs for companies and organizations.
- Designed, developed, and implemented successful training programs for California Department of Rehabilitation and the Los Angeles County Office of Education.
- Developed technical training program (computer hardware/software) for computer service technicians for a company providing Internet services.
Reorganized, updated Classification, Compensation and administrative structure for non-profit organization. Assisted in recertification process as rehabilitation facility
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Riverside, California – 1993 to 1998
Senior Human Resources Analyst
Concurrent responsibilities for administration, development, coordination, and implementation of the disability management program to including early intervention, loss control, campus ergonomic program development, transitional return-to-work programs, ADA compliance programs, medical separation program, and vocational rehabilitation. Performed general HR functions, benefits management, and HR training.
HR Program Administration
Developed comprehensive disability management program involving ADA, Worker’s Compensation program resulting in annual cost savings of $900K+.
- Designed and implemented successful campus ergonomics program, including work station evaluation system, creation of an ergonomics lab, and medical case tracking system.
- Redesigned position description forms, participated in strategic reorganization of university classification systems, contributed to procedural changes to accommodate reorganization process.
- Key participant in developing employee benefits orientation program.
- Participated in the design and implementation of campus procedures consistent with staff personnel policies and union agreements.
- Developed and presented training programs for management and staff.
- Participated in the development and implementation of outplacement and career counseling program for staff.
- Coordinated return to work programs consistent with University policy and union contracts
Training Program Development/Implementation.
- Developed and presented training programs to employee groups on disability prevention issues, disability awareness (Windmills), career development issues, and ergonomics.
- Interfaced with Career Counseling department regarding career development issues.
- Presented career counseling/development training seminars to staff and student groups.
- Diversity Training/Windmills (California Governor’s Committee Program).
- Americans with Disabilities Act (Designed and implemented campus training).
- Quality Customer Services Training/Connections (campus-wide program).
- Career Development Series (Employee development training).
- Coordinated medical services delivery system and benefits with Healthnet, Kaiser Permanente, and PacifiCare.
- Safety Training (in conjunction with Environmental Health & Safety Dept.)
- Coordinated and participated in Quality Customer Services training to 500+ administration department employees on campus.
RODWIL CORPORATION, Riverside, California – 1978 to 1993
Executive Director/HR Manager.
Oversaw administration and management of business and professional activities for a private Professional Services Organization. Responsibilities included managing all human resource functions, e.g., training, compensation, classification, benefits, recruiting; and all business activities including budget preparation, fiscal planning, payroll, and corporate leadership.
EDUCATION PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY, Malibu, California
Doctorate of Education, Organizational Leadership (In Progress)
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA, Tucson, Arizona
Master of Science in Education/Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling & Evaluation Bachelor of Science in Education
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS AND TRAINING PROGRAMS DEVELOPED Los Angeles County Office of Education, Los Angeles, California
- Computer Work Station Evaluation; a Self Evaluation Process
Office of the President, University of California, Oakland, California
- Disability Management Strategies at the Campus Level
Department of Rehabilitation, Riverside, California
- Transferable Work Skills using the Dictionary of Occupational Titles,
- Job Analysis, Diversity Training, Customer Service Training
California Rehabilitation Association, South
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Preparing for The CRC Examination
California Applicant Attorney Association, Inland Empire
- Diminished Future Earning Capacity Evaluation
- Utilizing Vocational Expert Witnesses; Case development, Testimony Preparation
PUBLIC TRAINING PROGRAMS AND PRESENTATIONS Customer Services Training, State of California Motivational Speaking Presentations, San Bernardino, California Ergonomics Training for Managers and Supervisors, Salick Health Care, Pleasanton, California Utilizing Vocational Expert Witness Services CAA; Inland Empire, Ontario, California